Can a person receive both a W-2 ad a 1099 MISC?

Yes. This means that the person probably worked as an employee and received his/her payment by check, as well as a W-2. Also, he/she probably worked in a place that paid cash, for which he/she will receive a 1099 MISC. This person should present both forms at the time of tax filing.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: Filing Taxes