I’m separated of my spouse but we are not divorced, could we filed our taxes together?

Yes, the taxpayers can use the marital status of married filing jointly if they are married and both agree to present a join tax return. Including:

  • Taxpayers that live together in a marriage of common right recognized in the state where the marriage was carried out,
  • Taxpayers that live separated but they are not legally divorced and
  • Taxpayers whose spouses passed away during the year and they have not married again

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.


Category: Filing Status