My spouse passed away during the year; what will be my marital status for purposes of filing taxes?

If your spouse passed away during the year and you did not remarry again, you will be considered married for the entire year and you can file a joint tax return for you and your spouse. In addition, you will have the right, during the two following years, to receive the filling status of widower qualified with dependent child.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.


Category: Filing Status