There is a list of 13 documents approved by the IRS. We suggest you consult with your Consular office or visit our office to receive more information about other documents that are acceptable.
IRS will accept either original or certified copies (from the issuing agency) of two or more of the following documents, in lieu of a passport (which is 1):
- National Identification Card (must show photo, name, current address, date of birth, and
- U.S. Driver’s License
- Civil Birth Certificate (required unless passport is submitted)
- Foreign Driver’s License
- U.S. State Identification Card
- Foreign Voter’s Registration Card
- U.S. Military Identification Card
- Foreign Military Identification Card
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Photo Identification
- Medical Records (dependents – under 6 only. Only vaccination records are adequate, if the last vaccination occurred within the past 12 months.)
- School Records (dependents – under 14, under 18 if a student – only. School term cannot be more than12 months from the date of the application.)
All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.