What happens if I do not file my taxes?

You will probably receive a letter from the IRS reminding you to file your taxes, especially if your employer has given your W-2 and 1099 forms to the IRS. If you are due a refund, you will lose it if you do not file your taxes within the next 3 years. If you are an independent contractor or self-employed, you may lose the retirement benefits from Social Security, and you’ll get a penalty.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: Filing Taxes