What if more than three years are gone?

After the three-year period expires, the statute that governs reimbursements prevents the issue of a refund check or receiving any credit, including overpayments of estimated taxes or withholding taxes, to other years you paid less than you should. However, the statute of limitations for the IRS to impose and charge all outstanding balances does not begin until the return is filed. In other words, there is no limitation period for the imposition and collection of taxes if you have not filed.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: Filing Taxes