What should someone who previously had an ITIN but now has a SSN do?

The taxpayer could amend his/her previous three years of tax returns. In the past, these individuals may not have qualified for certain tax credits or deductions with the ITIN. Now with the SSN, they might be able to recuperate certain tax credits and deductions. With the SSN, the taxpayer can also request to have his/her previous Medicare and SS contributions transferred to his/her new SSN so that he/she can reap the benefits when he/she retire.

We can help you with that. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: ITIN