What to do if I get a Social Security Number (SSN)?

Once an individual receives a SSN, you must use that number for tax purposes and discontinue using
the ITIN. It is improper to use both the ITIN and the SSN assigned to the same person to file tax
returns. It is the taxpayer’s responsibility to notify the IRS so the agency can combine all the taxpayer’s
tax records under one identification number. If the taxpayer does not notify the IRS when an SSN
is assigned, the individual may not receive credit for all wages paid and taxes withheld, which could
reduce the amount of any refund due. We can help you with that. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: ITIN