What will happen to my refund if I don’t file my taxes before April 15?

There is no penalty for failure to file if you are going to receive a refund. But if you wait to file a tax return or claim a refund, you are in risk of losing your refund completely. In most cases, to get a refund, the original tax return claiming a refund must be filed within a period of 3 years from the due date of the return.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: Filing Taxes