What if I don’t file my taxes before April 15?

If you cannot file your taxes before April 15, you must request an extension of time. If you did not file your return by the due date (including extensions), you may be subject to a penalty for failure to file, unless you have a reasonable cause for failure to file on time. If you did not pay your taxes in full by the due date of the return (not including extensions), you may also be subject to a penalty for failure to pay, unless you have reasonable cause for not paying in a timely manner, or the IRS has approved your request for an extension to pay the owed taxes due to a case of undue damage. Furthermore, you are charged interests for unpaid taxes after the due date, even if you have an extension to file. Also you would be charged interest for penalties.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: Filing Taxes