When can a taxpayer utilize an itemized deduction?

  • Generally when you cannot utilize a standard deduction.
  • You had high medical and/or dental costs and don’t have medical insurance.
  • You paid house interests or taxes.
  • As an employee, you had high work-related expenses that were not reimbursed.
  • You had uninsured losses due to natural disasters or theft.
  • You had high charitable donations.
  • Generally, when you are married and file a “married filing separately” tax return and your spouse itemizes his/her deductions.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: Expenses / Deductions