When can I apply for an ITIN?

You can apply for an ITIN (complete Form W-7) as soon as you are ready to file a federal tax return. The application can be submitted any time of the year and is not limited to tax season. However,
if the tax return you attach to your ITIN application  is filed after the return’s due date, you may owe interest and/or penalties.

If you meet one of the exceptions to the tax filing requirement, you can apply for an ITIN but including supplemental documents to substantiate your qualification for the exception.

Visit our office and, after a short questionnaire, we will exactly tell you what you need.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.


Category: ITIN