When can I file my taxes as Head of Household?

You can file your tax return as a Head of Household if you comply with the following requirements:

  • You are unmarried or “considered unmarried” on the last day of the year.
  • You paid more than half the cost of keeping up a home for the year.
  • A “qualifying person” lived with you in the home for more than half of the year. Except for temporary absences.

All inquiries, estimates, tax return reviews from previous years, and ITIN applications for you and your family are free. Click here to make an appointment with Zigma Tax Service Today or call 757-454-6120.

Category: Filing Status